Monday, September 23, 2013

Magazine Covers




My father inspired this magazine cover. I wanted to do a magazine cover that represents him and his interests. I used a stencil theme for the title of the magazine, "NEWBOXCITY" because I felt that gave it a military look. I arched the words using the flag option simply because it indirectly represents a waving flag and adds to the American theme. I also added texture to the font to give it a strong and distinct look.

I have two announce headings/articles. One on the top left and one on the bottom right. I added different effects to both articles while keeping with the American theme I'm going for. I added color, inner glow and bold to the top article. And, I added color, all caps and italics to the bottom article.

My dad boxed professional for the U.S. Navy, so I added a clipping mask of the red boxing gloves. The main image is this old photo of my dad before he retired. I really liked the effect it gave the magazine cover.

I changed the kerning on the bottom right article because I felt that it was originally to far apart. And, I added text on a path around the clipping mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment