Monday, September 30, 2013

Leo Vision Logo Contest


This week we did some work in illustrator. I really like the program because it is much easier to create items. This particular assignment was unique because we are creating a logo for a client.

I had a couple of different aspects of inspiration for this assignment. First, I looked at other film related logos and developed a feel for common trends. I noticed that film companies either liked very extravagant logos or more simple/less complex ones. As you can see, I liked the simple look.

I choose the simpler look for basically one reason, it gave it a student/amateur feel.  The fact that the design looks like it is painted, reminds me of education. I chose the image of a basic camera because the image gets straights to the point. The image is a camera, the club is a broadcast and film club. Simple as that. And, of course I added a touch of our Saint Leo colors, green and gold.

I accomplished this through a variety of different tasks. I dropped in this clip art image of the camera and traced it via the bamboo tablet. I traced the image with green because the outline was originally black and it is easier to trace this way. Also, I wanted this to be the end color anyways. I used the paint tool to color in the yellow within the circles. I liked it, but I felt like it was missing something. I tried a glow, it didn't look right. I apply a drop shadow and it truly made the image pop. I think the drop shadow really put the logo together. I experimented with many different fonts and I felt these two were bold and clean.

I learned that in illustrator it is important to fix images rather than cover them up. I had used the paint tool to cover over details in white. It ended up negatively affected the drop shadow. We went back and deleted those lines with the pen tool and adjusted the problems I originally tried to fix.

Overall, I love the final image.. hopefully our client likes it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment